This week Greg talks to Jim Jones about his top 5 tips.
1. Show up.
– If you’re early you’re on time. If you’re on time you’re late. If you’re late, you’re fired.
– Never be late… especially to a client.
2. KNOW DNS.
– It’s never DNS… till it is.
– Use DNS!
3. Be humble. Ask for help.
– Have a network of peers.
– Don’t wait too long to call support! That’s what they’re there for!
4. Backup all the things.
– File data
5. Don’t be married to vendors. Use the right tool for the job.
– Windows vs Linux
– Mikrotik vs Cisco
– Cisco SMB vs Bruhcade
– Unifi vs Meraki
6. Bonus: Learn. Go outside your comfort zone, silo.
– Books, audio.
– Youtube, pluralsight, etc.
7. Bonus: Teach. Mentor. Give more than you take.
– Don’t limit this to tech.
– True happiness is in serving others.
Here’s the video:(if you don’t see it, hit refresh)